Living Greener, Growing Stronger is a Division of Compliance Assistance (DCA) initiative to promote sustainability across Kentucky by encouraging residents, businesses and industries to adopt earth- and business-friendly practices that make a difference to our environment and the bottom line. Green doesn't always mean expensive, and simple changes can make a big difference for your business and household budget.
Whether you are an individual wanting to green your household or a hotel wanting to be more sustainable and save money, DCA has resources for you. DCA has been targeting specific industries in Kentucky to help them identify ways to be more environmentally friendly and methods to help them get there. A few of our Living Greener, Growing Stronger-related programs include:
- Green Beyond the Turf- This is a developing set of resources for the horse racing industry to help them become more sustainable.
- Green Hospitality- Hotels, bed-and-breakfast inns, and restaurants can realize cost savings through simple changes.
- KY EXCEL- Become a member of this free environmental leadership program and serve as a example for others.
- Brownfield Redevelopment Program- It's the ultimate in recycling. Clean up and reuse blighted properties in your community to improve the economy, human health and environment.
- Kentucky Sustainability Institute- A partnership with the Kentucky League of Cities, this program helps bring sustainability information to local governments.
Check out our quick links for more information on all of these programs and resources. Be looking for more Living Greener, Growing Stronger initiatives in the future.